Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Our Bathroom

With three young kids, it is hard to find time to shower and spend any time on my appearance.... And that is why I have had to simplify my routine a LOT! I thought I would share the products (or lack thereof) that I use in my routine.


For Hair:

I have 2 plastic cups... one filled with one teaspoon of baking soda and the other filled with one teaspoon of apple cider vinegar. While showering, I fill the baking soda cup with about 1 cup of water and pour over my head, rub in, and rinse. I then fill the vinegar cup with 1 cup of water, pour over my head and rinse. Very simple, and very effective! The vinegar smell evaporates as my hair dries. If I feel like I need my hair to smell good, I will add a couple drops of essential oil to the tips of my hair when I get out of the shower.


For Face and Body:

I use the same soap for my face and body. I prefer a castile soap of some kind. Right now, I am using raw African black soap. I buy it off of amazon.com and it comes in a large ugly chunk. I just break off a little piece and keep it in a cup in my shower.


For Moisturizer:

Once my shower is over, I moisturize with pure, cold pressed oils. I like castor oil for my face and apricot kernel oil for my body. I should note that I have extremely dry skin on my face and castor oil is great for that... if you have oily skin, soybean oil would be a better choice!


For Toothpaste:

I make my own toothpaste using a very simple recipe. Equal parts bentonite clay, organic xylitol, and water. I usually flavor it with a few drops of peppermint essential oil and store it in a half pint canning jar with a lid. The great thing about this toothpaste is that it is safe for the kids to swallow, and they LOVE it!

No comments:

Post a Comment