Monday, April 11, 2011

How Schedules Can Make A Difference

With three small children, it is hard to keep up with everyone's needs along with the house, the yard, and keeping up with friends and family. For me, the only way I can juggle everything successfully is to keep a daily schedule.

Here is our family schedule:

-8:00- Wake up, breakfast and clean up
-9:00- Devotions
-9:30- Get dressed, play time
-10:00- Television time (the baby goes down for a nap and the older girls each get to pick one 30 minute program to watch)
-11:00- Prep and eat lunch, clean up
-12:00- Play time
-12:30- Leave for work (mon, wed, and fri only)
-3:00- Snack time
-3:30- Quiet time
-4:00- Play time with Mommy
-5:00- Dinner prep, set table
-6:00- Eat dinner, clean up
-7:00- Get ready for bed
-7:30- Bed time

Schedules often change with the seasons our life goes through. This schedule will change once summer comes and we have a garden to tend!

I also have a schedule for cleaning the house. I always make sure to involve the kids in whatever I am doing to clean the house (a whole other blog post for another time!) and we usually do these jobs after breakfast and lunch. I do little jobs throughout the day around the house when I can sneak away while the kids are playing nicely!

Here is my house cleaning schedule:

Monday: Sweep and mop floors, wipe counters and fridge
Tuesday: Bread making, laundry
Wednesday: Bathroom, clean bedroom
Thursday: Dust, file papers
Friday: Vacuum, clean girls' room

Obviously, with three kids, the house needs a lot more cleaning than this simple schedule calls for, but I try to keep myself busy throughout the day doing things that I see need to be done. I usually do the dishes after every meal (although sometimes I fail miserably...) and that helps keep my workload down a LOT!

No comments:

Post a Comment