Friday, July 10, 2009

Folding a Prefold Diaper #1

We use chinese prefolds to diaper our babies here... I have tried many, many folds, and I have found 2 that work the best for us! Below is the one that I use most often...

This fold is a cross between an angel wing fold and a jelly roll fold using a premium diaper:

Step 1) Fold top edge of diaper down about an inch (or more if using a premium diaper on a smaller baby). This helps get a good rise and also helps keep the poo from going up baby's back!


Step 2) Place diaper under baby.


Step 3) Fold edges in towards middle.


Step 4) Roll edges in towards middle.


Step 5) Bring diaper up snugly between baby's legs.


Step 6) Open up the top of the diaper to make 'wings.'


Step 7) Fold down the top of the diaper to get a good rise on the baby.


Step 8) Tuck the wings in around baby's hips.


Step 9) Bring the back wings up on the outside of the front wings.


Step 10) Snappi the diaper!!


This is how the diaper should fit around the legs:



It may take a bit of practice to get the hang of this fold, and to be able to make it tight enough!

2 comments:

  1. I found your blog off of diaper swappers. I also live in Skagit County (Burlington) and have a 4 week old boy Rudy that my partner and I are cloth diapering, and trying to do more natural/crunchy style with. I appreciate your post on the first cloth diapering. We've been doing prefolds some (and some AIO) but I haven't really been liking the way the prefolds have fit (the leg gussets for sure) so I'm going to try and see if I can't do this fold...

    RANDI kauleen_randi@msn.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome!! If you have any questions, let me know!! Congratulations on your new baby! I hope you are enjoying every minute of it!!

    ReplyDelete